♫♪Seeds, Glorious Seeds♫♪
I’d been saving my Home Depot gift card from Christmas to use on this year’s garden and decided to buy some seeds and seed starting mix. I paid full retail for the bottom three rows of seeds:
- Organic bell pepper
- Organic Brandywine tomatoes
- Organic pickling cucumbers
- Yellow squash (hybird)
- Brussles sprouts
- Snow peas
- Yard Long beans
There were still a few of what I considered unusual veggies I wanted, and in my search I ran across Neeps Lawn & Garden. Most of their seeds were marked down to half, they had everything I was looking for (except the mini bells, the yellow tomatoes and the super sweet cherry tomatoes weren’t in stock). But best of all, their shipping is only $2.00.
I like the way they have the seeds organized. You can read the characteristics of each seed and compare the different varieties. I ended up ordering:
- Super sweet early corn (giving one package to mother-in-law)
- Hales best cantelope
- Pickling cucumbers (giving to mother-in-law)
- Brandywine tomatoes (giving to mother-in-law)
- Blue Lake bush beans
- Sugarbaby watermelon
- Lemon cucumber
- Carrot Nutri-Red (high in lycopene)
- Bright Lights swiss chard
- Armenian Yard Long cucumbers
- Southern Giant Curled mustard greens
If there are a few seeds you’re still in need of, you can’t go wrong giving them a try.
I wish I had remembered to look at the flower seeds so I could have ordered the bicolored marigolds and the nasturtiums. There’s probably another seed order on the horizon.